How does Billing Work?
We have automated ordering for Kashi Health panels. All providers and patients can place orders on our ordering website, and be billed immediately using a credit card. Visa and Mastercard is accepted at this time. The provider can either pay or ask the patient to pay. If you are a patient placing your own order at the request of your provider, you need to have your provider’s email account. Volume discounts may be available for providers, please ask your account representative for more details.
Does Kashi bill insurance for testing?
Kashi Clinical Laboratories is developing an insurance billing program and will alert health providers when the program is ready. In the meantime, please ask your patients to submit their receipts directly to insurance for possible reimbursement, depending upon their health plan. Insurance CPT codes may apply, please check with your insurance company.
Are FSA/HSA accounts accepted for payment?
Kashi Clinical Laboratories does not accept FSA or HSA cards.
International Providers: Payment via a credit card release authorization can be sent with the sample. The provider or patient may also contact the laboratory at 001 503 206 4989 to make payment arrangements.
International Return Shipment: Return the samples with the carrier of your choice to the laboratory at:
Kashi Clinical Laboratories, Inc.
10101 SW Barbur Blvd, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97219
With its increasing recognition as a valuable component of health care diagnosis and treatment, more insurers are now covering most of the cost of testing services. Most insurance providers, with some exceptions, require Kashi Clinical Laboratories (KCL) to bill patients for any applicable deductible, co‐insurance, and/or co‐payment, based on explanations of benefits (“EOBs”) or similar statements furnished by the insurer. These amounts are determined by the insurance company.
When KCL is not contracted with a particular insurance plan, patients are billed for the amount designated by their plan as the patient’s responsibility, including any balance remaining on the bill if the insurer pays less than the “usual and customary,” “reasonable,” or “allowable” charge (collectively the “Allowable Charge”) for the services provided. The Allowable Charge will be determined by the insurer on the EOB. If the full Allowable Charge is paid to KCL by the insurer, patients will not be billed by KCL.
Patient Assigned Insurance Payments
In some instances insurers may send their portion of payment for KCL’s testing services directly to the patient. Any patient that receives an insurer’s check for services provided by KCL is responsible for forwarding this payment to KCL. Patients should write on the back of the check “Pay to Kashi Clinical Laboratories,” sign the check, and then mail it to the lab at the address below:
Kashi Clinical Laboratories
Payment Processing Department
10101 SW Barbur Blvd., Suite 200
Portland, OR 97219
In cases where insurer payments to patients are not forwarded to KCL in a timely manner, an outside collection agency may be employed to recover payment.
Patient Billing, Non-insured Patients, and Payment Plans
KCL recognizes that in some circumstances cost may be a barrier to testing. It is important to us that patients receive the care they need for quality health outcomes. If cost is a barrier to testing, please call the customer service center at (877) 879-1815, to ask if your patient qualifies for a special payment option. These may include:
- Quick Payment Discount. KCL may offer prompt payment discounts covering co‐payments, co‐insurance, and/or deductibles for patients not covered by KCL’s contracted health insurance plans. The rate shall be determined at KCL’s sole discretion. Currently, KCL offers a prompt payment discount for balances paid in full within 30 days. The prompt payment discount does not apply to uninsured patients, or to patients with insurance who opt to pay for KCL ‘s services out of pocket.
- No Insurance Coverage. For patients with no insurance or if the testing is not a covered expense, KCL may offer an Uninsured rate. Please contact the customer service center at (877) 879-1815 for information.
- Payment Plans. KCL may enter into a payment plan for outstanding balances. Eligibility shall be individually determined.
- Patient Financial Hardship. Patients who are unable to pay for testing services performed by KCL at the billed amount can request a form to determine eligibility for hardship assistance. Please contact the Client Solutions team for more information at email@example.com.
- Insurance CPT codes may apply, please check with your insurance company.
All patients are encouraged to call the customer service center at (877) 879-1815 with questions or concerns about their bill. The customer service center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST).
Updated: Dec. 02, 2019. All information on this page is subject to change without notice.