DNA SNP Testing
The Kashi Health DNA testing panels are quickly gaining ground as medical practitioners increasingly seek to understand how their patients are “programmed” prior to beginning a specific treatment protocol. Imagine having an operating manual to a machine as complex as the human body. Imagine a reference guide to key functions such as digestion, vitamin B cycle, immune function, cardiac function, and lets not forget the brain. Using symptom analysis, family history, and other testing, practitioners are now able to evaluate the interplay between genetic predisposition and symptom manifestation. This form of genetic testing is a clever, practical, and efficient utilization of the new field of medical genomics.
Kashi has developed a series of DNA testing panels that have significance to some of the most pressing health issues of our time including: obesity and weight management, cardiac health, mental and behavioral health, nutritional status and pain medication management. All genetic markers selected by the lab for inclusion in the DNA testing panels meet strict acceptance criteria based on extensive literature searches and multiple peer-reviewed scientific studies. It can be challenging to keep up to date on new research – Kashi does that for you. Scientifically relevant and clinically useful information is incorporated into the reports for ease of use. All reports are structured to be informative, practical and patient friendly.
Kashi offers the following DNA testing panels
- Defy Your DNA Program – a comprehensive battery of key SNPs for Functional Medicine
- Behavioral Health – a multigene panel for managing behavioral health and medication options
- Bone Health – estrogen and vitamin D panel for men and women
- Cardiac Health – multigene panel identifying risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- MTHFR & COMT
- Nutritional Health – insight into metabolism of key vitamins and minerals
- Weight Management – take the guess work out of eating right for your gene type
- Pain Management – maximize the effectiveness of analgesic drug use
- APOE – evaluate Alzehimer’s Disease risk
- Celiac HLA – Risk assessment for Celiac Disease