- Please fill out all sections of the requisition form provided in your kit.
- Rinse your mouth with cold water before you begin collecting your sample and then swallow to remove excess saliva.
- Open one swab at a time and collect the sample by rubbing the swab on the inside of your cheek about 20 times or for 15-20 seconds in a circular motion. Swab firmly so that the cheek is pushed outward.
- Dry the swab by shaking it in the air for 10-20 seconds.
- Place the dried swab back in its original sleeve.
- Use the other cheek for the next swabs. Repeat the same process for the rest of the swabs. Collect sample on all 3 swabs.
- Place the swab sleeves containing the dry swabs and Requisition Form in the Kashi paper envelope included in the kit.
- Label the envelope with your name and date of sample collection.
- Ship the test kit back to the laboratory using the shipping mailer provided.