Kashi Clinical Laboratories Core Training Workshop in Medical Genetic Testing
July 21,2018, Portland Oregon.
Explore one of the most powerful devices in your clinical toolbox: medical genetics. Genetic testing has long been used to help treat rare diseases. Now, with growing research into single nucleotide polymorphisms that highlight the most common genetic variants in people, health providers can successfully use medical genetics to treat a wide range of conditions like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Genetic testing can predict patients’ risk of disease, identify chemical imbalances, inform what drugs to prescribe, identify the best diet based on body type … and much more.
“Genetics in Clinical Practice” will focus on practical answers to many of your common questions:
- Which snps are important and supported by solid research?
- What impact does the knowledge have on treatment decision making?
- What is the difference between types of testing and testing methodology?
- Is testing accurate?
- How does genetic testing fit with current functional testing options?
- How is testing applicable to conditions such as metabolic syndrome, insomnia, depression, chronic inflammation?
- What is the methylation cycle, and why is it important clinically?
If you have been curious about the underlying biochemistry driving patient’s symptoms and behavior, there is a new tool available from Kashi Clinical Lab – the Defy Your DNA Program. Defy your DNA is a comprehensive list of snps known to have an impact on health and wellness. The Core Workshop will include information on how to utilize the information in the report, supporting your growing understanding of the power of epigenetics in creating targeted treatment programs geared to specific genetic issues. Learn more about the Defy Your DNA Program here.
Registration for the one-day “Genetics in Clinical Practice,” also includes healthy snacks, tea, and coffee. There are plenty of lunch options to explore. Local attendees will enjoy free parking, out of town visitors have easy access to the Portland airport, and summer is a great time to visit Oregon.